Friday, June 23, 2017

The End of the Kickstarter Chapter in War of Loyalties



I sent this note to backers last night, and wanted to include it on the blog today for all of you. This is The End of this chapter in the War of Loyalties journey. We wrote it together.

I am sitting here looking for words.

One month ago, I calculated one more time and realized I needed to budget more on my Kickstarter than I had originally planned.

One month ago, I took a deep breath and hit launch.

And last night, on the last day of the campaign, at 9:20pm, I got an email notification that said



You made it! 


We made it.

There is absolutely no way we could have planned what this journey looked like so far. It's been one of grace, of so much generosity, of overflowing love from so many kind-hearted friends.

You prayed. You shared. You gave $5,000 dollars to make this indie dream a reality.

So much goes into the making of a dollar--good days and hard days, and wish-you-could-stay-in-bed-days. The fact that you chose to channel your dollars towards this project was a huge gift. And I want most of all to be a wise steward in the days ahead.

We're rejoicing today. We'll have more words, more plans, more things to share, and so much more to rejoice over.

But for today, I just want to say--

That God breaks down barriers.

That he provides in ways that look impossible.

That is joyful night is the super-sweetest thing.

That I wish I could give you all a hug.

This is my celebration, and your celebration, and our celebration.

Thank-you is such a tiny, inadequate word. But you made my heart sing tonight--and I thank God for each one of you.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Schuyler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts are singing, too. The Lord is faithful and gives so much more than we expect, sometimes in different ways than we expect. This has been a fantastic journey so far, and I'm so thankful to be a part of it.
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The companionship of the Council on this journey has been a most precious Samwise gift. <3 I'm so thankful for all the prayers and love. (And help!)

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you. :) Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...